Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Whipped Backstitch aka Covered Backstitch tutorial

This is one of my favorite go to stitches.  I love it because it is fast and makes a clean solid line.
Below you can find a photo step by step to execute this lovely stitch.

Start with your line of back stitches.
It should look like this.
Bring your needle up to the side and at one end of your line of backstitch.
Like this!
Now bring your around under your first backstitch (in the picture I am moving my needle point back towards where I started but it will work from either direction).  Continue this with each of your stitches until you get to the end of the row.
It should look something like this.  Now insert your needle very close to the edge of the end of you last stitch.
You now have a solid line of color and can move on to your next line of backstitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment