Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Picking up threads

You know when you finally finish a big project and you just don't really know what to do with your time.  You don't quite remember what you used to do with your time when you had time.

I've had tunnel vision for the last 2 months studying in every moment I had available while trying to balance caring for my 5 month old son. 

So this week is about decompressing, picking up some of the threads that I've left dangling in the last few days, months, years.  One of those things is this blog.  I look at the header picture and it makes me smile to think of that time.  My life was so different then than it is now.

When I took that photo I was enjoying a much needed day off from one of my first shifts of tree planting.  I was sitting on a fallen log in my little chosen camp spot that was a ways off from the shared main camp.  Just me and my tent. I brought out my wool roving and just had a relaxing time trying to put out of my mind that I was staying in the middle of no where northern Alberta doing a job that felt incredibly hard and that I was still terrible at.

I've been sketching again and making little plans while I try to figure out my next move. A quilt? Apartment art? Stuffed toys?  Another cup of tea? 

This fabric is inspiring me right now.

                  


  So we'll see where that leads....







No comments:

Post a Comment