Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Painting again


You know when you just feel stuck creatively?  None of my ideas seemed to stick. Nothing had enough pull to really get me going and give me momentum.  

I started drafting a pattern for a quilt which has me a bit excited but also impatient because this is a huge project that's going to take a long time. 

So this morning I headed out for a walk to the thrift store to look for something small that might inspire me.  I found this little pitcher that just looked fun enough to get me inspired to go home and pull out a blank canvas I had kicking around.  

                               
                                                       The inspiration pitcher.

I started painting a few years ago and had a good year of experimenting with acrylics before it fell by the wayside.  It felt good to pick it back up again.  Here's a little snapshot of what I'm working on.  

                               

I just want to make some fun things to put up in my studio.  So that's that.  Painting feels like a step in the right direction :)

No comments:

Post a Comment